Secretarial competence is a collaborative concept. Managerial support cannot be delivered without communication, collaboration, and a thorough orientation to the business. A portfolio of sound secretarial keyboarding and experience is not enough.
This productive and insightful two-day workshop helps those who administratively support management to develop skills and techniques to respond to the dynamics of today’s challenging business environment of diverse cultures and teams. It gives direction for aligning mutual expectations for forging effective relationships as well as work outputs to meet business needs.
Through lecturettes, role-plays, and presentations, explore the mechanics and dynamics of your function in a highly interactive manner. Besides developing your professional role, this programme also develops your business knowledge as well as your self-esteem and self-confidence.
Learning is structured for interactive idea and skill-sharing during training. Effective secretarial services and structures are explored to help you shift from the role of a highly disciplined administrator, to the outgoing, dynamic role of a front line communicator and executive support member. Share ideas to stay abreast of structural and technological change while responding to the expectations of management as well as customers and peers. Learn how to mobilise support from the network of resources and services available to the business, and to reflect corporate values in all you do.
Who should attend :
Any person in an administrative support position, particularly personal assistants and secretaries.
Duration : Two days
- Identify the three pillars of secretarial competence and to assess your own present development needs.
- Recognise the barriers to effective communication and the mobilisation of your potential.
- Gain basic business intelligence that will enhance your rapport with the business world.
- Recognise and value the importance of your support role.
- Identify the pitfalls that inhibit effective time mastery and set goals to overcome them.
- Identify your own and your manager’s work style for effective approaches for working together.
- Enhance your service delivery with people smart skills across boundaries, with customers and service providers.
- Benchmark your present methods and techniques with the rest of the group for productively managing mail, information, diary, meetings, document capturing, catering, and personal managerial support.
- Gain best practices for working smart with technology and systems.
- Assess the impact of work style on decision-making, conflict management, time management; and learning.
- Identify work values that impact on priorities and choices.
- Gain skills for the giving and receiving of feedback assertively – with maturity and dignity.
- Position secretarial excellence on the telephone.
THIS COURSE IS FOR IN-COMPANY PRESENTATION ONLY.
This allows for a cost-effective opportunity to establish a learning culture.