Would you like to beat the deadline and stop those unproductive re-writes? Do you know how to put your personality on paper, and also support the company’s brand values? And if English is not your home language, would you like to overcome wearisome mental translations while you battle with writer’s block?
Release your creative ideas and develop skills and techniques for clear, well-structured reports and communications that meet the busy reader’s needs – without unproductive rewrites!
Dynamic Writing Skills will help you to embrace creative thinking and effective communication, especially for today’s e-readers! The learning process is dynamic, yet practical. Principles are interactively shared, then followed by hands-on practice sessions to implement new learning.
Techniques are also introduced to help writers integrate the power of their natural thinking processes with modern writing techniques and technology. They learn to wrap their writing around their valuable ideas with speed and clarity – critical for our e-writing environment, where readers have little time to read (or write).
Ideally, examples from the workplace should be built into the learning process. The thinking process shared, also helps delegates to make effective presentations!
Who should attend :
Anyone who has to communicate ideas in writing (or has to generate and make presentations. Learning techniques apply whether you are a manager, a technical person, or in an administrative support position.
Duration : Two days
- Apply creative concept-mapping as a productive approach for idea generation.
- Structure writing for the busy reader’s needs.
- Apply six reader-friendly principles for clear writing.
- Avoid stereotyped writing.Inject energy into ideas with a positive, customer-focused writing style.
- Apply effective structures for reports, proposals, routine correspondence, and e-mails.
- Use effective graphics, presentation formats, and illustrations.
- Apply international Best Practices for modern writing.
- Punctuate effectively.Overcome typical pitfalls of the English language.
- Package the final product with the finishing touches of the professionals.
- Use techniques for effective presentations and general positive communication.
- wasteful re-writes;
- procrastinating on writing assignments;
- wrestling with language challenges; or
- miscommunication due to poor sentence structures.
THIS COURSE IS FOR IN-COMPANY PRESENTATION ONLY.
This allows for a cost-effective opportunity to establish a learning culture.